Case Study Sunrise Medical
Initial situation and Challenge
Wheelchairs help to improve the quality of life and are usually customised for the specific needs of their users. Multiple adaptations of the product are possible, especially after delivery.
Since Sunrise Medical did not previously have a centralised management system for returns and complaints for adjustments to customer-specific requirements, the handling process was done with manual effort. This resulted in a slow process and higher costs for handling adjustments on delivered wheelchairs.
Motivation and goal setting
Sunrise Medical focused on the following goals:
- Increase the process and product quality.
- Acceleration and partial automation of the process when handling customer-specific product adjustments and returns.
- Avoidance of new returns thanks to a complete history of products and a learning system.
- Significant reduction of throughput costs based on defined KPIs.
- Improvement of customer services.
- Complaint management.
- Process digitalisation.
- Workflow optimisation.
- Data integration in ERP.