DB Netz AG
Case Study DB Netz AG
Challenge and motivation
Numerous locations in several German states are responsible for the expansion and maintenance of the rail network. In the past, the process for Human Resources Planning and Construction Planning, including data maintenance, compliance with working time rules, and release procedures, was partly manual and involved high expenses. Growing structures and the use of simple software solutions at the individual sites have promoted data silos and made this partly manual planning necessary.
In order to accelerate the process of disposing of construction measures, DB Netz AG pursued the following goals:
- Manual processes and data silos should be replaced by software.
- The development of the new software must contribute to a significant acceleration of the planning and implementation process, replace repetitive tasks with automation operations and control checks along the process, and lead to cost savings.
- The planning and reporting process for dispatchers and managers should be transparent and understandable.
- Human Resources and Shift Planning.
- Acceleration of the construction planning process.
- Process optimisation.
- Data integration.
- Low-code platform Intrexx.